To get the most out of your blog, there are a few key things you can do, both to make sure it gets read by as many people as possible, and to make sure that the format is easy to read.
To make your blog as accessible as possible:
- Make sure that posts do not exceed 750 words - that's a lot to read in one go!
- Try to break up your text with paragraphs and relevant subheadings.
- Bullet points and lists always go down well!
To get the maximum exposure for your posts:
- Promote it on social media, ie. Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin.
- Be sure to reply to any comments you get on your blog - it will keep the discussion going and might even give you ideas for a sequel post!
Finally, remember our key rules:
- Keep it relevant
- Don’t self-promote
- Keep it on the site
- Follow the rules